“It’s dark but just a game.”-Lana Del Rey
Here are the ‘Pop’ Tracks from A Dark Night, premiering 2/14/22 (less than 2 weeks away:)
In addition to popular music, the montage features musical scores from each of the films. Composers include Hanz Zimmer, John Barry, James Newton Howard, and TCHAIKOVSKY Op.20 – Swan Lake. Re-scored by CLINT MANSELL).
- LANA DEL REY – “Dark But Just A Game”
- THE MIDNIGHT – “Endless Summer”
- KYM MAZELL – Young Hearts Run Free (by DAVID CRAWFORD) (From Romeo + Juliet)
- QUINDON TARVER – “When Doves Cry” (by PRINCE) (from Romeo + Juliet)
- OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN – “Twist of Fate”
- THE EAGLES – “One of These Nights” (Live from Melbourne)
- HANZ ZIMMER – “Matera” (From No Time To Die)
- BILLIE EILISH & FINNEAS O’CONNELL – “No Time To Die”
- HANZ ZIMMER ORCHESTRA – “Like A Dog Chasing Cars” (Live from Prague) (From A Dark Knight)
- ABBA – “Nina Pretty Ballerina”
- METRIC – “No Light On The Horizon”
Lana Del Rey sings the title sequence, which begins about 5 1/2 minutes into the montage, “Dark But Just A Game” from Lana’s 2021 album, Chemtrails Over The Country Club. The song plays eerily over a tranquil beach scene from Alex Garland’s film, Annihilation (2018). Natalie Portman marches along a remote beach, rifle in hand. She approaches an abandoned lighthouse, and in front of the structure are no less than a dozen human skulls.
Which of these artists / songs are you familiar with? What are some of your favorite movie soundtracks?